Friday, March 2, 2012

Play kitchen made from diaper boxes


My daughters enjoy playing with their little wooden kitchen in the play area and I thought it would be fun to have a second kitchen upstairs where they sometimes play too, I just did not want to purchase a second kitchen. That is when I had a childhood memory of my Grandma and the day we spent making a stove out of a cardboard box. Perfect! 



I used a diaper box for the stove and an Amazon box for the shelves. I removed the flaps from the Amazon box and attached shelves with packing tape and covered everything with white drawing paper. I drew the stove parts on and added food pictures to the shelves - my daughters helped decorate everything too. I used spare plastic containers for utensils and play food and we had a second play area which keeps my daughters busy while I am working upstairs. 
(The decorative background on the first picture is the 
Playskool Cherry Blossom Market).

No comments:

Post a Comment